Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snowflake Sugar Cookies

I think these are the only sugar cookies I'm going to get to this season. Which is ok because they turned out so cute. I did have a ton of other ideas I wanted to try, but they will have to wait until next year. I made these for a friend who requested ten treat bags to pass out to his neighbors. Isn't he sweet? I loved the white cookies with the red ribbon and tag. I hope he and his neighbors like them. Making them was a little bit of a process though because I was having some trouble  getting the frosting to the right consistency. If you can do that, the piping and decorating is so much easier. I finally settled for a consistency that would work, but it was still a little runnier than I would have liked. I need to work on that skill. After I got the frosting figured out, I tried something new with these. I outlined the cookie, did maybe five or six, and then went back and filled them in while the outline was still wet. By filling them in while wet you don't get the border around the outside of the cookie, which I have decided I like better. I still used a thicker frosting to pipe and a thinner frosting to flood.

Another thing I loved about making these cookies is that they are white. I love not having to color frosting. Not having to mess with that makes these cookies all the more my favorite. Snowflakes are all different and imperfect, so I took that approach with these. They didn't need to be perfect, just sweet, snowy and white. I so wish it snowed in my part of California. Well, maybe just for Christmas!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails