|I gave these away as a thank you. How cute do they look in this box?|
|I wrapped these up as pre-Valentine's Day treats!|
3/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature
2 cups of sugar
5 extra large eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons pur almond extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
14 ounces sweetened, shredded coconut
Cream Cheese Icing (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes
- With mixer running on low, add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well
- In separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In three parts, alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the batter, beginning and ending with the dry. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in 7 ounces of coconut.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Fill each cup to the top with batter
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove to a baking rack and cool completely.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle (or dip) in remaining coconut.
(This is the half recipe, for more just double)
8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
3/4 cup butter at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
3/4 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth