Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grape Chicken Pasta Salad


This is probably my favorite pasta salad recipe. I got it from my good friend Kimberly and have since shared it with family and friends and it's always a hit and never a noodle left in the bowl. We most recently made this for our beach bonfire cookout. It actually transported really well and was the perfect compliment to our bonfire roasted hot dogs. I don't have a lot of pictures of this one because my mom actually made this while I was making a Texas Sheet cake, another good bonfire compliment. But this salad is really easy, chop up a few things, boil some chicken, dump it all in a big bowl, add some dressing, and be prepared to to indulge in a fabulous pasta salad. I say the more grapes the better, I like a grape in every bite. But all the ingredients can be adjusted to your taste. Kimberly has used canned chicken for this or one of those ready made rotisserie chickens works well too if you're looking for short cuts. If you've had grape chicken croissant sandwiches, this is a pasta variation of those. This is a great summer salad. I love it! Love it!

Recipe make a lot, you might want to make half a recipe for a smaller group.

Grape Chicken Pasta Salad

2 pkg (12 oz) bowtie pasta
2 cans (20 oz) crushed pineapple (drained)
2 c. chopped celery
4 bunches chopped green onions
1-2 c. whole cashews (can substitute almonds or favorite nut)
3-4 c. red grapes (halved)
4 cooked chicken breasts (chopped)
1 c. mayonnaise
1 bottle (16 oz.) Kraft Coleslaw dressing

1 comment:

  1. My absolute favorite pasta salad!!!! Thanks for bringing it to the beach sis!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails