Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Panini


For a quick meal tonight, and another beat the heat dinner, Brian and I whipped up some paninis. I went to Trader Joe's and got our favorite sourdough bread and some good meats and cheeses. We tried out havarti cheese, I've heard it's good and melts like a dream, and that it does. You can really put anything on a panini that you'd like. I use to get a panini at The Corner Bakery that had dejion mustard, ham, tomatoes, and Swiss cheese. I used that as my inspiration tonight. I switched up the Swiss for havarti, used ham and turkey and also added grilled onion and spinach. Brian added sun dried tomatoes to his also. The result was a very tasty treat. Filling too, good source of protein and veggies! So go create paninis and let me know what delicious combinations you come up with.



1 comment:

  1. Melissa, you should try adding jalapeno jellies to your paninis. To. Die. For! I put a cranberry jalapeno on my turkey and Havarti. For roast beef and Swiss (or Muenster), I use an apricot jalapeno. There's a great bakery in Draper, Utah, that sells it. It's called Hagerman's. Get Kellie to take some home at Christmas. Or, I can share my versions with you ... although theirs are much better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails