Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lemon Yogurt Cake


For me, spring and summer bring back all the yummy lemon recipes, just like fall is is when you break out the pumpkin recipes! I’ve got a list of ones I’m dying to try out so I better get cracking. Last week I whipped up this most delicious lemon cake made with yogurt and oil instead of butter. It’s an Ina recipe, and we all know she never disappoints. The cake was so super moist and oh so delicious. It was a major crowd pleaser and everyone said they liked it the best out of all the lemon cakes so far. It is baked in a large loaf pan, and I sliced it up like a pound cake. A few changes I made: 1) I used vanilla yogurt instead of plain. This was a total mistake. I actually spent five minutes in the grocery store looking for plain instead of vanilla. I thought I found it, and put it in my cart. When I got home, it was vanilla. I thought the cake was delicious, so either would probably be fine. And 2) I ended up adding more sugar to the glaze so it was just a bit thicker and a little sweeter. Oh how we love our lemon frostings!

Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe

Watch Ina make it here!



2 comments:

  1. This also accompanied our Sunday Roast Dinner! So so so good!!!! I'm trying to convince my sis to put this little cake up in her Etsy shop. If you love lemon, you'll love this cake! We're big on lemon cakes in our family! This recipe is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good. I love lemon cakes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails