Monday, May 31, 2010

Chinese Chicken Salad


Although one of my cooking goals lately is to try and perfect new salad dressings, this salad, sadly, is not one of those recipes. However, this is my new favorite salad! And it's so easy and easy to have everything on hand. One night I was craving an Chinese chicken salad from Cheesecake factory, CPK or something of the like, but it was midweek, and I didn't want to spend the money or eat out. So I got creative, well not really. I just went to the restaurant web sites and read the list of ingredients in their salads and put together my own. That was the easy part, but it all comes down to the dressing. I wish I could say I whipped up my own, but nope, I didn't. I was previously introduced to the Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing and loved it. (I actually buy the light to cut calories and it is delicious too.) And it was the perfect choice for my salad dressing. I told my mom about it, and of course she doctored it up by mixing the dressing, about half and half, with the juice from the can of mandarin oranges. It is the perfect combo! The list of ingredients is below, I just add however much I think looks good. It's a no recipe recipe!

Mixed greens, spring mix, or greens of your choice
Mandarin oranges, in juice, not syrup
avocado
Chicken breast (I'm into quick and easy, so I use canned chicken, works perfect!)
Green onions
Chow Mein Noodles
Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing, mixed with mandarin orange juice (1 to 1)
You could also add almonds, sesame seeds, bean sprouts



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails