Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls


My first pumpkin creation of the season, and I'm not sure what took me so long. This is a new recipe. I got it from the blog Bake at 350. Last fall Brian and I were in the Godiva store and we bought some pumpkin patch truffles (pictured above). They are this delicious, creamy pumpkin spice inside and milk chocolate outside. They were to die for. So when I came across this recipe, I thought maybe, just maybe, I could recreate something close to the Godiva truffles.

You start with a doctored up vanilla cake mix by adding pumpkin and spices. Make the cake, and crumble it it. Then mix in cream cheese frosting. (She suggests using store bought frosting, but I made my own.) Roll them into balls and freeze until hard. Then dip them in chocolate and wait for the to harden. I made sure to use a lot frosting and they were super moist inside. These were a huge hit with everyone at dinner last night. And today Brian was eating the undipped ones right out of the freezer. I'd say my first attempt at cake balls was success, but I may still swing by Godiva again this year.

Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls Recipe

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Cream the cream cheese and butter, add the sugar. Beat about 5 minutes until fluffy. Add vanilla. (I used all of this frosting to the cake balls)




6 comments:

  1. I can't wait until you're done with the cleanse! The cake balls were rockin' Mel. I loved them!!!! I am definitely looking forward to your other pumpkin treats of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah to success on the cake balls! I was so worried about mine being too wet...but sounds like that might be an ok thing. I think I will give these a try...they look real yummy! We went to The Coffee Shop in Gilbert, they won Cupcake Wars...so we wanted to check them out. They were pretty good..but what I really loved were there Pumpkin Butterscotch Scones! I have not stopped thinking about them! They were so good! I might have to do a little butterscotch twist on these..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterscotch twist sounds good! Let us know how that works out! I put a lot of frosting in mine so they were really moist. But I don't like anything dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so delicious. Hey, did I tell you I met Bakerella? She was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I read that on your facebook, Michelle. So exciting. She came to our Williams Sonoma here, but I had to work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails