Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Double Chocolate Cookies


I haven't been the best blogger lately, but I have definitely been baking! Last week I was watching an episode of Barefoot Contessa and Ina had a guest, Kathleen King, on. Kathleen is the owner of Tate's Bake Shop in South Hampton. In the episode they showed some video of her shop, and I fell in love. It was adorable. On the episode Kathleen and Ina made a chocolate cookie of Kathleen's. I have been searching forever for a good chocolate cookie recipe that actually turned out. I have tried cake mix ones, one from Paula Dean's Cookie Swap episode, and a few others, and nothing. All of them turned out flat or crunchy, or just not my favorite. But Kathleen's cookies were perfect, perfect texture, perfect taste, easy to follow recipe. My batch was eaten up by me and Brian in no time.

After watching the episode and then looking at the recipe online, people had made comments about the differences, but I just followed the recipe as it was printed and that was correct. I did go by the cooking temperature she said on the show, 375, and cooked for about 13 minutes, I like mine softer. I didn't put in the almonds because I didn't have any and figured they'd be just as good without. And when I was putting in the chocolate chips Brian walked in and thought we should have a few extra handfuls. It was good, but I don't need major chocolate chips in every bite, especially in a chocolate cookie. But to each chocolate lover their own! I loved the white chocolate chips in these too. I know that Dutch chocolate can be hard to find, so just look for it at your more upscale grocery store. But no major changes, all worked out well and I finally have my chocolate cookie recipe.

Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails