Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries


I'm a little late with the Valentine's Day treat post, but it was a busy weekend. I celebrated my first Valentine's Day with my husband, and my family was in town for my brother's birthday, who shares his birthday with the holiday. One treat I did make though, was super easy chocolate dipped strawberries. I've tried numerous times to dip strawberries with melted chocolate chips and it never works out the way I want it to. I like my chocolate to harden and the chips have never cooperated with me. (If that has worked for you, post up a comment and tell me what you did!) So instead, I buy the Wilton Candy Melts and they work perfect every time. You can pick them up at Michael's for about $2.50, or cheaper if you have one of their coupons! Using these takes away a lot of the hassle you have with melting chocolate. And I am no chocolatier, so these will work great for me. I used a double boiler to melt the chocolate, then just dipped the strawberries right in. I melted some white chocolate chips and then put it in a ziplock bag, snipped the end and piped it over the chocolate to make them look extra pretty. Make sure you cool them on wax paper so the chocolate doesn't stick to the pan or plate. Keep sharing the love, even if Valentine's Day is over.

1 comment:

  1. These look most professional! So yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails