Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Pasta

I came across this recipe on the Tasty Kitchen site, realized that I had just about everything I needed to make this, and so I did. I enjoy the Tasty Kitchen site, but there are so many recipes on there that not many of them have reviews. So other than the recipe itself, there isn't a lot of feedback. That being said, I was very pleased with these results!

A few of my changes, none really on purpose, just me not wanting to go to the store! I thought I had Cannellini beans, turns out I have about five cans of pinto beans in my cupboard. Who knew? My mom advised me against substituting pinto beans, so I went with out. After having tasted the pasta, I don't think I'd add the beans in next time. I also used frozen spinach instead of fresh, it's what I had on hand. I'm sure the fresh would have tasted a bit more, shall I say fresh? But the frozen sure was easy. Also, next time I think I would use red pepper flakes instead of cayenne pepper. I think the flavor of the red pepper flakes is a better compliment to the pasta than the cayenne pepper.  Lastly, I added a little more olive oil once I had the noodles in there and about 1/2 cup of the pasta water. I wanted to make sure every piece of penne was coated with flavor. The lemon flavor was a nice touch. The taste reminded me a little bit of my lemon chicken pasta recipe, one of my favorites.


Penne with Spinach and Sun-dried Tomatoes

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing! Let's make it again, except this time I come over to partake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails